Technetra’s team has many years of deep experience in architecture and development of large end-to-end software solutions as well as point software applications.
Technetra has worked with large and medium sized organizations to build solutions leveraging open source technologies including Linux, Apache, MySQL, C/C++, PHP, Python, Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
Technetra has extensive experience in advising organizations in developing economies on affordable computing choices using open source software.
Technetra helps organizations understand and utilize open source software and techniques.
Our areas of specialization include:
- Strategy Planning - We help identify impact of integrating open source in an organization’s existing IT environment, from policies, development to deployment of products and services based on open source.
- Technology Evaluation - Selecting the right open source stack for a specific requirement can be a challenge. We work with our customers to evaluate, compare and recommend the best open source software to fit specifications.
- Project management using collaborative tools and techniques - We provide focused project management to ensure quality and timeliness of solution delivery, assessment of project goals, development of functional requirements, development of technical solutions, deployment and knowledge transfer to customer. We use open source collaborative tools and methodologies for project communication and management.
- Building Product Communities - We help our clients build open communities around their products based on open source community best practices in communication, collaboration tools and user interaction.
- Systems Architecture - We use our team’s many years of experience in system design and functional architecture of processes based on our customers business and technical requirements to develop well-designed software.
- Development of large scale web applications using LAMP stacks - We leverage our extensive knowledge of building scalable, large scale systems along with the benefits of open source LAMP technology stacks to develop robust web applications. We work with our customers to build solutions to support complex customer requirements, turning best-in-class standards and open source components into turnkey business solutions. Solutions include development and customization of components including content management systems, e-commerce frameworks, databases, systems management tools and platform migration to Linux.
- Development of highly available transaction systems - We implement high performance, highly available Linux based solutions for transaction based applications. We design and build software to support hardware failover, web server clustering, database clustering, cluster administration and remote management services.
- Design of Internet Appliances - We build Linux based solutions for network and server appliances as well as thin client systems. Vertical solutions we have built include online education and training applications, secure back-office solutions, secure law enforcement applications, and service management applications.
Technetra conducts workshops focusing on specific open source technologies and best practices in half day and one day sessions. Some of the topics covered in these workshops include:
- Cloud Computing and Open Source
- Developing world class applications with Ruby on Rails
- Developing Web 2.0 applications with LAMP
- Building Successful Open Source Communities
- Leveraging Open Source collaboration best practices in your Open Source project
- Understanding Open Source Licensing
- What entrepreneurs need to know about Open Source
- Successful business models in Open Source